Monday, April 7, 2014

Finding Treasure

I really enjoy creating a 'Treasury' on Etsy. For those who aren't familiar with Treasuries I'll explain what they are.

A Treasury is when you feature artists and their work, so shoppers are able to see all the unique items that are for sale on Etsy.  With thousands of artists out there, it's sometimes hard for people to figure out just what they are looking for.  Like Pinterest, you can spend hours on Etsy, but when you seek out and explore all the different Treasuries people create, it sometimes narrows down items and helps the buyer find a shop they may not have run across if they were just casually browsing.

Everyone wants to be on the 'Front Page' of Etsy and through you accomplish that through a Treasury. I've never been on the front page and I'm always hoping my picks will catch an eye and they'll choose my items to be front and center, but believe me, it's hard.

I most enjoy it when I go back to see how many views I've had, how many clicks my Treasury has received and how many people have 'favored' it.  I'm thrilled when an item comes up missing from my Treasury, that means someone out there purchased the item.




Through the process of creating a Treasury I have not only peeked into others stores, but I myself have found items to purchase and other shop keepers have found me and made purchases in my store.  It's a wonderful way to not only introduce other stores but for people to stop in your shop to see what you have to offer.

I have incorporated the link to each Treasury so click on them and it will take you into the world of Etsy. You can then look around at other Treasuries, click on one of my pictures to see the item up close and personal and find so many beautiful items you may not have ever seen before.  Enjoy and have a very creative day, I hope I've put a smile on your face ~




Peace & Love,
Barbie


No comments: