Thursday, September 5, 2013

Touchdown !

Go Wolves


Tonight is the start of NFL football. The Denver Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens. Fall is just around the corner and with the start of school, high school football will soon start.

A couple weeks ago, a potential customer contacted me about custom football tags. 

When I get a custom order, it's sometimes hard to figure out exactly what the customer is requesting.  I try to ask questions which will help me with style, color and quantity but sometimes vague answers don't help me out.  When in doubt, I become a bit bolder and ask more specific and personal questions without prying into someone's personal life. It's a fine line and I try to tread lightly.

After asking a few more questions, my potential customer opened up with me and told me her niece is a cheerleader at her high school and dates one of the football players.  Before each game, she gives her boyfriend a small gift for good luck.  My customer wanted to give these tags to her niece so she could write a small note to her boyfriend making her packages even more special.



She wanted each tag to say - Go Wolves ...... beat Durant -
She sent me all 10 opposing teams, along with their school colors so I could write each teams name in the appropriate color.

The above tags were samples I sent to my customer to see if these would meet her needs after explaining to me what she was looking for.  She loved them and couldn't wait to make the 10 tags she was looking for.

I've already bookmarked the high school her niece attends so I can follow the Wolves to see how many games they win this season.  People touch our lives in mysterious ways and I'm thankful that the customers I have had to date have enriched mine.  

I can only hope that down the road, my customers will send me photos of how my merchandise has been used and that they'll walk back into my shop so I can help them out with all their other special events and special days.


I'm grateful to you all ~
Barbie


No comments: